Mamaista ~ The Chic Little Daily for Moms Celebrity Mama of the Month, Ali Landry Discusses her Favorite Things in Baby!
Ali Landry literally burst onto the scene when she starred in a now-classic Doritos Super Bowl commercial and became instantly famous as the Doritos Girl. Ten years, innumerable career highlights and one adorable two-year-old daughter later, Ali has lost none of her energy or drive. In fact, she just launched Belle Parish, a childrens clothing line due out in Spring 2010.
Here, Ali gives us the scoop on her and her daughter Estelas Top 10 baby items:
1. Fave baby ride: Ive got four, a Bugaboo, a Chicco, a Jeep and a Silvercross. For the next baby, I would love to try an Uppa Baby stroller or an Orbit.
2. Fave crib: Bratt Decor. It is so gorgeous, I wish she could stay in it forever!
3. Fave sippy cup: The new Tilty sippy cup and Mabels Labels to make sure she doesnt lose it!
4. Fave high chair: Peg Perego.
5. Fave nursery décor item: My vintage baby dresses that are displayed on the wall as art.
6. Fave baby outfit and designer: All of the clothes that my mother has made for Estela. Everything from day gowns out of cotton batiste, to pajamas with inserted French lace and tiny pinch pleats, to coats, dresses, pantaloons, knickers and rompers. Favorite clothing line, Belle Parish my own, of course!
7. Fave baby bath: The Daphne, hands down.
8. Fave car seat: Britax Marathon Carseat. I put a Ba Ba Seatskins cover on top and its so plush and comfortable that most adults who see it want to get in as well.
9. The one baby item you couldnt live without: The Miracle Blanket. I swaddled Estela in this until she was 10 months old. Thanks to this blanket and The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD, she was sleeping through the night at two weeks old. Now she is loving The Jumpitz Celebrate Animals DVDs.
10. The one baby item you wouldnt want to live without: At the end of day the most important thing is a happy, healthy family, but luxury items are definitely nice to have. One of our most luxurious and special items is Estelas bedding, which I designed using linen, taffeta, quilted silk and handmade lace from New Orleans. This is very special to me because it was inspired by my French and Spanish heritage.
Look out for more celebrity moms in the months to come.