Designing a nursery is a labor of love. A few careful considerations at the beginning can save you both time and money along the way. Check out these 8 elegant nurseries that will grow with your child and look amazing along the way.
1. consider non traditional lighting. We are swooning over this rose globe drop pendant, that is romantic and sculptural. This is not what you'd think of for a nursery, but it works. It will continue to work and look amazing as your child grows.
2. Pick classic patterns: Adorn your walls with classic looks and add in age appropriate toys and accents that speak to the stage your child is enjoying at the moment.
3. Choose a Sophisticated Color Pallet: Think beyond pink and blue, and do a bold adult color. Dark charcoal gray is sophisticated and enduring.
4. Keep themes to a minimum: In this gorgeous circus themed nursery, designed by Roselle McConnell, you see elegant interpretations such as harlequin valences and a giant giraffe, all of which nod at fun under the big top, without overpowering the space.
5. Choose furniture that transitions: The changer becomes a most elegant dresser, the beautiful crib converts to a toddler versions, and the color scheme is fun and elegant.
6. Think beyond baby: Crib safety is number 1, but number 2 is choosing one that will grow beyond the crib. Think daybeds, toddler beds and full size conversions.
7. White always works: An all white room is like a blank canvas that can easily be updated and changed with whatever your little one is loving at the moment.
8. Create an Ever Changing Art Gallery: Paint an accent wall with chalkboard or magnetic paint and express yourself! Bunnies and bows when they're babes and whatever they want as they grow!